Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bad Mother/Good Brother

Lately, Asa (4 months) has become a food whore. Whenever I pull out a snack for myself or the kids, he gives some sad look that reminds me of Puss in Boots in Shrek.

z1

Yeah, like that.

z1

Since his pathetic looks have not resulted in anything other than the boob and little tastes here and there, he has become far more aggressive. He now stares at you like, "How dare you eat that in front of me?" Then he starts to grab whatever it is in your hand right from under your nose. So far, he has not succeeded but I know it is only a matter of time.

z2

The mad look

Since I am a softy (and I know he is my last so I will screw him up anyway I want to), I have ignored all the baby books and I have introduced solids every night just to give him some variety. So far, not so good. A couple of hours later the screaming begins. After a feed today with rice cereal and carrots (oh, and a wee bit of chocolate cake at a birthday party we went to) he was extremely fussy. It came to the point that he would not settle and nothing was making him happy. After many attempts to make him happy (singing, rocking, cuddling), I then decided he was pretty tired anyways so I left him on the bed to scream it out (yes, I am that kind of mother) .

Soon, the crying stopped. It was quite abrupt and it scared me a little cause he doesn't have a crib currently (cause everything is in India by the way) and I was worried that he might have manoeuvred his way off the bed.

As I came up the stairs I saw this:

z1 z1

Xavier was singing him a made-up song about brothers and family and it calmed his little butt down. It was the cutest thing I had seen and since this is for family record, it was worthy of a post. Gotta love brothers...

6 comments:

McMornMum said...

That is SO lovely of Xavier!
Def an AAHHH moment.
I check your posts everyday, I know, I'm sad.The comp goes on, hotmail checked, facebook - to spy on my kids - then your blog! Great family and a great blog.
Love
Jackie

Bonnie said...

How SWEET! I have a boy like that. When someone gets in trouble, he is right there making it all better.

I love his mad face. He is cute!

Here at home said...

I love his dimples. What a little chunk.
Sweet brother. He looks so much like one of my nephews.

Boquinha said...

Awwww, so sweet! Man, he is a cute baby!! Maxim has done the same thing as a baby -- he's been eating solids since about 5 months old. We'd stick our dinner in the blender and make it chunky (not runny like baby food) and he'd devour it. We say go for it. :P

terahreu said...

Stacy - Truth be told, I give all my babies solids long before I am told to. Actually, I waited the longest with Asa. However, I don't know why he can't handle it. He is the only one who seems like he just can't take anything but milk. He is bored with that. Dilemma, I tell you.

Employee # 47851-6 said...

Awww Asa is so cute.
And Xavier, he's a good kid.
He looks about as tall as he was before you left sitting down.
Man he's grown!