Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tihar

z4

Tihar is now my favourite holiday ever. It is a mix of Christmas, 4th of July, Halloween, and Easter. There are bombs/fireworks constantly going off, lights hung up everywhere (that incidentally flash to the tune of Jingle Bells), candy and sweets given, and colours, colours, colours.

z2

z3

z10 z9

z6

z8

z7

z11

z13

z14 z12

z16

z17

Plus, did I mention the government lets us have electricity for three days as a nice Tihar gift? We went from having to go without electricity for 46 hours a week to having it 24/7. Do you realize how much laundry you can do when you don't have load share???

So much, I tell you.

6 comments:

Summer said...

What are the coloured powders for?

What are they celebrating with all the colours and noise?

Boquinha said...

GORGEOUS! What a beautiful post! Stunning.

Tami said...

Yeah, I want to know what all the paint is for as well. But I guess you're busy doing laundry ...

Colleen and Dave said...

Hi Terah
Your children are adorable! I love how colorful everything is. What an amazing opportunity for your family to experience this culture and I'm sure it will only get more interesting!

Colleen and Dave said...

Terah
Opps! not sure why my comment posted as "Mom", but it's me, Colleen Solomon. I'm still new at this.

terahreu said...

Colleen,

No worries. As a teenager you certainly were my other mom! I also didn't know how close all your first 4 kids were. Bless you for taking on another kid every Sunday or so when I was young. Soooo happy to hear about Farrah. Congrats on being a grandma again!