This week is a very special week for the Nepalese. It is the festival of Dasain and there are a whole bunch of pujas (worships) going on. Our driver said that today was a special puja for all things mechanical. He recently just did a puja on the cars, but apparently this one is special for Kali. Here is the run down:
The god
Kali Destroyer of Evil, who also happens to love coconuts and sugar cane
The worshipping necessities
The worshipper: Devendra, Our driver
The distraction during the worship
"Don't touch that! Let the gods eat the candy first!"
The Tikas
The Men Who Will Be Blessed
3 comments:
My gosh. All I've done this morning is eat breakfast. Your life is amazing. I love little Sedona's picture with her big grin.
Hmm...do you think it would fix my transmission which just died?
Does the 3rd eye help you see into your kids' future behavior? I could have used one yesterday when Ben dumped all the Comet on the carpet and "scrubbed" it clean.
Post a Comment