Saturday, October 25, 2008

Delicious Apples?

                         x2

Before we moved from Dubai my husband insisted on buying me an Apple laptop because of all the magical things it can do.  I must admit, after the demo in the Virgin Store I was equally as excited to see how this piece of technology would change my life. 

The move happened and we settled in Kathmandu without too much bruising and I thought once I got situated with all of my stuff, I would have a go at the Apple.  Certainly it must be better than my slow moving Packard Bell, which is obviously ridden with viruses and other ailing problems I cannot understand. 

Well, I lived in Nepal for over 6 months now and there sits my Apple, unopened, unmolested, and unappreciated.  First, no one in Nepal knows how to hook up an Apple to the Internet.  Second, I haven't a clue how to compress pictures on that thing and all my downloaded pictures are way too big to publish on the Internet.  And third, I am technically retarded and so conditioned to only PCs that the simplest task on an Apple is too daunting for me--the one who only learned to type on the typewriter in college--not computers.

So, please....tell me why I should give this thing any time or love?  Are Apples really cool and I just don't know it?  Is there the magic that I once witnessed in the Virgin Store, or was I mesmerized by the flashiness the combined Jobs/Branson slick marketing?  It is a matter of investment and then the returns will be so great?  Enlighten me, I don't get it. 

As of now my pricey purchase is sad, lonely, & heavily burdened with books, papers and other crap that is equally neglected. 

x1

Where is the love??

3 comments:

Employee # 47851-6 said...

Yes Delicious apple!
I have on of these here macs (Os X Tiger) and it's worked out amazingly for me.

If you ever do wanna figure out how to work it, just ask me.

Wendi and Eric said...

We have several delicious apples at our house. I do love them. Probably because I took classes to learn programs such as Imovie.

The one thing I don't like is that iweb isn't Internet accessible. I am on an airplane about every four months and need to have access where every I happen to be. I don't always wont to lug around a laptop along with all of the kids stuff.

Oh but the things you can do on a mac is fun, fun, fun.

Emily said...

I don't know how to use a mac so when we were buying a new computer, we went with pc for the simpleness of it (to me). but everyone says apples are so much easier to use. I wish I knew why.