As a friend of mine from Canada mentioned here (such a small world!), we recently held a youth/single adult conference for the Kathmandu branch. Axel and I are both in the YM/YW program and we love it. Somehow we are always given the same calling in every branch/ward we attend, which is just fine by me because it gives me a reason to be a teenager all over again (except without all the zits and goofiness).
The Attendees
The members stayed at a resort in a village high in the mountains just north of Kathmandu. There were 40 attendees and the spirit was as amazing as the view!
The View
What I love about living in this branch is that the leadership is mainly Nepalese and they are ALL spiritual giants.
The Branch President with his wife
The youth here are strong, spiritual, and intelligent. The church has an amazing future in Nepal, and I feel privileged to be a very, very small part of it.
4 comments:
Shawn and I have both been involved in YM/YW over the years. We both agree that they have been our most fulfilling callings.
I can't get over the fact that there is a branch in Katmandu! And 40 attendees is wonderful! Are there missionaries there? Are they members like you who are living there for a short time? The Church is truly global, I never thought a place so remote would have members. But there's a branch in Jerusalem...
Yeah, the 40 attendees were just the youth and YSA. We have over 100 attending members each week. It is really amazing.
Most of the members are Nepalese. There are two other American families here who work with the embassy. We mainly sit in the back, help when we can, and allow the members to flourish in their own country. It was a lot different in Dubai.
The great thing is, you can go anywhere and find a family in the gospel. Awesome.
Oh yeah, and that branch in Jerusalem, that is where I met my husband. Talk about blessings from the gospel!
Dang, you could have a wild party and that view would invite the spirit!! Beautiful!
Post a Comment